On 05 January 2020, the first Sunday of the year 2020, a bicycle community ride was organised by sarmang adventure tours from parade ground dehradun to dubra village on maldevta surkanda road. The theme of the ride was respect cyclists. The ride was attended by 33 cyclists from various age groups varying from 12 year to 70 years. The purpose of the ride was to bring the entire cycling community to a common platform and discuss the future of cycling community as a whole and how a better community can be built.
The ride started from parade from parade ground went through survey chowk, nehru colony, 6 number pulia, raipur, maldevta, lal pul and reached sadhana forest villa, dubra village on maldevta surkanda road. The main attraction of the ride was viewing all the cyclists moving in a single line.
The ride was followed by a discussion and breakfast at sadhana forest villa. The following points were discussed with all the participants
- Why to respect cyclists on the road ?
- Future of cycling in Dehradun
- Expectation of cyclists from government
- Cyclists safety on road
- Experiences of cyclists
- Formation of a cycling club
- Upcoming races by sarmang adventure tours in 2020
- Introducing cycling as a team sport through team competitions
- Building up team dehradun and team uttarakhand.